Thursday, December 1, 2011

Monthly Roundup: November 2011

Can you believe I still haven't cut that houndstooth??? I was so disappointed in the muslin for Simplicity 2764 that I am scissor shy now. I toyed around with the idea of a cape, and while I think that would have been amazing, I only have enough yardage for a cropped one, which I don't think I'd be as fond of. So, the houndstooth wool has been returned to the stash for the moment. I still managed to sew and knit a few things this month.

1) Ottobre 03/2009-19 cardigan for Myra
2) Nosewarmer cowl for Mitch
3) Ottobre 01/2009-23 pants for Logan
4) Simplicity 8170 PJ top and bottom for Myra
5) McCalls 3830 skirt X3 for me
6) Not Quite A Baby mitts and hat for Duncan
7) DanDoh scarf for me
8) New Look 6926 pinafore for Myra
9) Style 2867 blouse for Myra
10) New Look 6926 purse for Myra
11) Christmas Tree for all the kids
12)Vogue 8330 jeans for me
13)Ottobre 06/2011-34 tee shirt for Logan - not yet blogged

That ends up being 12 finished sewn garments and 4 knitted items. And a cut and glue crafty Christmas tree. :) I sewed 17.5 yards of fabric and 15.5 was from the stash!! Woo-hoo!! The only non-stash sewing I did this month was two of the knit pencil skirts, which actually never made it into the stash. I'm not sure what my favorite garment this month is. Everything is getting good use, although Duncan prefers to eat his mittens and hat, rather than wear them.
What to do for December?? Well, I still have coats, jackets and jeans on the brain. I ordered some Faux Mink from Fabric Mart to make a jacket and I really still want that houndstooth in my closet. I love my new skinny jeans, but I also want to make some wide legs. Myra could really use some jeans, too and she's big enough for Jalie 2908 now. I think the low rise would be perfect for her *ahem* figure. Between her low front waist and ghetto booty, RTW doesn't fit her at all. I'm feeling a bit of sewing ADD right now actually. There are a ton of things I want to do, but I can't get my brain to settle on one. Maybe I'll go make a knit top. That always settles me down!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I always like your round up posts...it's neat to see what all you accomplished over the month. I have a bit of sewing ADD going on too. There's lots of projects I want to do plus Christmas sewing, I think I need to give up sleeping!lol

Beth said...

I love your scarf--such a pretty color!
I saw one like it at J. Jill, but I could never pay $50 for something like that. Interested in how the ruffle is made.

Marjie said...

I get sewing ADD a lot. I usually buy enough of any fabric for 2 or 3 items, so I can indulge my ADD and make more than one thing from each piece. But in Mid-November, I just froze up, and never got back to the machine.

I made a long cape for RenFaire a few years back, and I love it. I wear it out sometimes when it's cold, because then no wind hits my legs and freezes me. I've gotten more than a few compliments on it, too (along with a few weird looks). It's one of those things where you have to want to wear it, and the opinions of others be cursed! So, maybe you can find another houndstooth to make exactly the cape you want? I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

And I'm glad Duncan still enjoys eating his mittens and hat. Babies are such fun!

Marie said...

Gosh, you are so productive.

No sewing ADD here. I am struggling to finish my shorts, let alone think of lots of other things to make. Though I did spend a good portion of yesterday finding suitable fabric online locally to make a dress for a wedding. That was tricky.

Mary said...

You are amazing! I can't believe how much sewing output you can manage in a month! Thanks for the inspiration.

Witch Hazel said...

A very productive month, wish such a variety! Looks like you have quite a lots upcoming, as well. Good luck!