I was sorting through patterns the other day, attempting to impose some order on my sewing space, and I came across this pattern that I purchased intending to make Myra an outfit from the scraps of this skirt. She's about to outgrow this pattern, and since I am a bit obsessed with houndstooth right now, I decided its time had come.
New Look 6926. I used view C, which is an unlined jumper with front and back bodice cut on the bias and bias cut patch pockets on the (straight grain) skirt. Per the pattern, the neckline and armholes are finished with bias tape, but I elected to fully line my version. The main fabric is a wool blend from Hancock's and the lining is a poly/acetate lining, also from Hancock's. As mentioned, they are both left over from this skirt.
Trena's amazing tutorial. It looks completely amazing, if I do say so myself. You must try her technique. It was easy and looks great. The little tag comes from Izzy & Ivy. They have the cutest size and care tags.
Style 2687. It is a basic blouse with a Peter Pan collar and puffed sleeves gathered into a narrow binding. The neckline is finished with bias tape. I used a zebra print as Myra refuses to leave the house if there isn't some animal print on her person. It's a good basic pattern, and I'm sure I'll use it again, as it goes up to size 8. The fabric is a heavyweight polyester satin from Fabric Mart. I have miles of this stuff as I ordered some, then got a large length in a mystery bundle.
New Look 6926. I made it out of the same satin as the blouse. The bag body is interfaced with craft bond interfacing and the pocket and bag itself are lined with the satin as well. The pattern calls for a ribbon closure, but Myra can't tie a ribbon, so I found a cute silver flower button in my stash and made a loop out of black yarn to button it.
Next up, I need a pair (or 2) of jeans. I joined up with Lynn to sew up some jeans in her sew-a-long.