November was a challenging month in many non-sewing ways, but I work out my stress in my sewing room. So, I got a lot done.
1) Ottobre Woman 05/2007-1 blouse for me
2) Ottobre 03/2011-20 skirt for Myra
3) Ottobre 06/2012-13 cords for Logan
4) New Look 6130 top for me
5) Ottobre 03/2004-9 top for Myra
6) Sewing For Boys Good Night Sweetheart PJs x 2 for the boys
7) Ottobre 03/2004-9 top for Myra
8) Go To Leggings for Myra
9) Ottobre 06/2012-12 jacket for Duncan
10) Gnome hat for Myra
11) Vogue 1059 pants for me
12) Tanit-Isis 50s shrug for me
13) Crocheted Scarf for me
14) Ottobre 01/2012-21 overalls for Duncan
15) Ottobre 04/2010-1 tee x2 for Duncan
16) Simplicity 8170 PJs for Myra
That comes out to a total of 19 sewn garments and one each knit and crocheted. I sewed up 20 7/8 yards of fabric. It felt like a pretty balanced month, which is nice. I've noticed that I often get into phases of simple sewing or complex sewing, but there was a bit of everything this month. There was lots of kid sewing too, as the seasons change and they grow. I think the garment I am most pleased with is Duncan's jacket. It is warm, snuggly and cute. It makes me smile every time I see him in it.
All that sewing and stuff was fun, but the best part of the month was when this big package arrived from my BSF (Best Sewing Friend) Carrie.
For December, I probably won't get a ton accomplished. We're spending half of the month in Texas (YAY!!), so I won't be doing much sewing, if any at all. The only holiday sewing on my plate is a Merida dress for Myra. No other gift sewing this year. Before we go I'd like to sew up my mohair Tanit-Isis shrug and some more PJs for Myra. I'll start in on some of that once I finish this dress I just traced. I need some selfish sewing right now. That doesn't sound too demanding for the two weeks I have and that sounds good to me.