Monday, May 4, 2009

McCall's 5664

This is such a fun blouse, but the pattern is great, too. It has some wonderful details that I am really excited about, although at first I wasn't sure they were worth the trouble. I made it out of the most luscious stretch broadcloth, which now I can't find at my local Hancock's. Oh no!! I was ready to go buy them out, but it looks like someone beat me to it! It has a beautiful sheen that I don't expect from a "basic" broadcloth. Add that to the fact that I got it for a song and it may be the world's perfect fabric.The front placket is the first I've ever done. I've done two piece button down type shirts before, but never something that was inserted into a single piece of fabric like this. I was a little apprehensive, but it came out great! I will say that it was a bit like putting in a welted pocket, but on a much larger scale. I'm glad that I had had that experience to draw on.
I LOVE the sleeves. The puffs are perfect, and the hem is actually a facing so it hangs so beautifully
This is also my first time with a two piece collar. It went together very well, and I think it looks great.
My only regret with this top is that I hemmed it a little haphazardly, so it hangs a little funny, but I was so excited to have it finished so that I could wear it!! Maybe later I'll take a picture of it (gasp!) on me...

No comments: