Friday, May 15, 2009

Help!

I finished another of these cute pant/appliqued onesie combos today.  They work up really quickly.  This time my little princess took a long nap, so I had time to make the jacket, too.  A suit for little Brody, complete with tie!  I'm still working with McCall's 3665, but I didn't do the curved front opening.  I thought it was a little girlie.  I also added ribbed cuffs to the pant, just for fun.

Here is the jacket and onesie, up close.  I am loving the little tie.  I know it's done a lot, but I still think it's pretty adorable.
So, now for the help.  I have no idea what closure I should use for the jacket, or if I should use any at all.  The pattern calls for ring snaps, which is fine.  The only problem is that every time I line them up to hammer them on, I am convinced that buttons would be the cuter option.  Or should I just leave it as it is???  I can't decide.  So, dear reader, if you would please help me in my moment of extreme indecision.  I know there are a few of you.  Leave me a comment.  Buttons?  Snaps?  Nothing at all?  What would you do?

3 comments:

Beth said...

What size is it? What climate do they live in? How likely he will use the closures?

(Your mom is probably the best one to ask but maybe one of my questions will help you think it through. I will state that I am pro-button hole avoidance when possible).

Melissa said...

This is such a cute idea! I think buttons would look much cuter than snaps but I can see how it would be hard to decide because snaps are much more baby friendly.

Anonymous said...

Big silver snaps would look good, the ones that are about a half inch in diameter. Or some metallic buttons. That's what came to mind when I looked at the picture, good luck with your finishing!