Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fly front genius

I am in process on a pair of pants for Mitch. I really love this pattern, but my last attempt was less than successful. For one thing, they didn't fit AT ALL. And for another, the fly was wonky. See what I mean? The zipper isn't underneath at all, just hanging out there at center front, where a zipper has no business being. I was highly annoyed!! Fit issues are no problem - them I can fix, but I wasn't sure what to do about that zipper! The pattern instructions provided me with little help. What do you think?

Anyway, I was a little concerned... So, I went to BurdaStyle to see if there was a How-to and found that someone had linked this completely amazing video how-to from Sandra Betzina. She is amazing. The video is amazing and completely clear and easy to follow. Now I have a zip front fly!!

No comments: