Saturday, May 2, 2009

Recycling at its best!

I have recently discovered a love for reconstructing clothing. I've done a few simple projects - sleep shirts to tees for Logan here and a cute dress from a boy's polo for Myra here. There are tons of great tutorials on the web and on Craftster to help me out. A good friend of mine recently sent me a link to an awesome sewing blog called Presser Foot, where they do a monthly sew-along. I didn't get to play last month, since I only found the blog last week and didn't have time to make the cute top that they were working on (although I will definitely be getting the pattern the next time McCalls are on sale - so cute!!), but I was raring to go for May!! And now that they've revealed this month's sew-along I am even more excited!!! They (and I) are making a man's shirt to toddler (or in my case, baby) dress based on the tutorial by Dana at MADE. I can't wait to start cutting up shirts!! Maybe I'd better wait until Mitch gets home though...

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the shirt dresses made from women's shirts, too. I love this project--sew nice to not have to make button holes.