The first piece of my costume sewing extravaganza was Myra's Little Red Riding Hood dress. I made this to go with her Little Red cape that I knitted.
Butterick 4054. The fabric is cotton gingham and eyelet, both from Hancock's. While I was making it, I had to keep reminding myself, "It's just a costume." so I didn't make it to my usual standard. I did line the bodice, as the pattern had a bias tape finish at the neckline, which I don't really like. I also used an invisible zip, but that is honestly just because I find them so much easier than other zipper applications. I did not hand sew the hem or the lining down. In fact, the only hand sewing was the hook and eye above the zipper.