Friday, March 14, 2014

Kitschy Coo Raglan: Slouchy and Chic

In a more stable knit, my ocelot ponte knit Trifecta Top has a very fitted look, but I wanted to see what a much more unstable knit would do in the same pattern.
So without making any fit changes, I made this one up in a slinky knit with about 150% stretch.
This version has the hem band, so it is a bit longer, and I omitted the shoulder patches. The weight of the slinky also pulls it down a little, giving it even more length.
As you can see, this is a completely different top, just with the change of fabric. In a stable ponte, the top is fitted and "dressed up" looking, but switching to a more unstable, stretchy knit, the result is a comfy, casual but still great looking top.
I love how versatile the Trifecta Top pattern is! Want a casually chic top for hanging around? Check. Want a sleek, fitted top to impress? Check. PJs? Check.
Did you get your Trifecta Top yet? Don't forget the discount code!! TRIFECTA will get you 20% off any two Kitschy Coo patterns in the shop! It's only good until Sunday. Hurry!

8 comments:

Laura said...

So what fabric did you use for the first one (the PJ top)?

P E Hudson said...

I love it -- it looks fantastic on you -- comfy yet spring inspired. Hope you are enjoying the Spring breaking!

Kathleen Cooper said...

This looks great on you!

kristin at sunnysewing said...

You have a great variety of tops with this pattern :) They all look awesome! This one is my favorite so far. I like the color and the way it drapes

Katie Deshazer said...

Thank you! I really like this one, too. The color is so great!

Katie Deshazer said...

Thanks! We don't actually get to Spring Break for a couple more weeks, but I'm so ready! :)

Katie Deshazer said...

The first one is an interlock (white) & jersey (red) combo. They were both more stable knits.

Elizabeth said...

I've so loved all of these Trifectas! I think the neckline is perfect on you and the raglan is so flattering.