End of the line and I actually finished! Sort of. I had originally planned a trench coat as well, but as it warmed up outside, I just couldn't get myself motivated. I love the design though, so keep an eye out for it come fall.
Anyway, my 9 basics were:
1. Black slim pants - New Look 6082
2. Dark skinny jeans - Vogue 8330
3. White button down shirt - Vogue 8747
4. Black turtleneck - burdastyle 09/2010-121
5. Camel/Khaki skirt - McQueen knockoff
6. Tie Waist Sweater - MyImage W10/11 - M1003
7. Puffy Vest - Vogue 2657
8. Faux Fur vest - Simplicity 2149
9. LBD - Burda 7189
I have really gotten a lot of mileage out of all of these basics, and I'm really glad that I knuckled down and sewed them. I do have a tendency to sew "fun" things to the exclusion of wardrobe expanders like this. I don't want to overdo the "outfit" part of this, but the whole point was to see how many different looks can be combined from these 9 garments, so I'm including a few here. It's a fun opportunity to be creative with mixing, too!