Well, here we are at the start of 2014. This month has been kind of awesome, both on the sewing front and on a personal level. I hope 2014 continues to be great!
So, I sewed...
1) Jalie 2908 jeans for me
2) McCalls 6232 dress and coat for Barbie
3) LouBee Hosh Pants for Myra
4) Sewaholic Renfrew for me
5) Ottobre 05/2009-5 top for me
6) Jalie 2908 pants for me
7) Simplicity 8333 top, pants and jacket for Barbie
8) Burdastyle Magazine 04/2011-105 blouse for me
9) Sewaholic Renfrew for me
10) Ottobre 04/2004-12 dress for Myra
11) Deer and Doe Plaintain tee for me
12) McCalls 6232 gown for Barbie
13) Kitschy Coo Penny Pinafore tunic for me
That adds up to a huge (for me) total of 18 items! I'm so thrilled! I sewed up a 28.5 yards of fabric. Now, I bought a bit of fabric and won a fabric contest before I made my pledge, so I did have a bit of yardage in - 25 yards. But that means I'm actually still negative for the year stash wise, which makes me pretty happy. Next month I'm going to try for a fabric no-hitter. I have not given myself a pattern or notion buying restriction, so that's keeping the shopping demons at bay.
Blue February theme! I really love these theme months. They give me a focus, but allow enough creative freedom to do what I want and need to do. Speaking of themes, the Stashbusting Sewalong also has a great theme for February, which is Sewing for the ones you Love! This is a great theme, as I enjoy sewing for my loved ones. In fact, I already have a piece cut that fits both themes. Woo-hoo! Getting February off to a fabulous start!!