Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monthly Roundup: August 2011

Well, September totally snuck up on me! I usually write this post the night before, and set it to post in the morning, but I totally forgot. We've had a bit of a crazy time around here lately, with lots of birthdays, getting ready for school to start and still settling in to a new town and a new routine. The time just seems to be flying by. August wasn't my most productive month, but I got a few things done.

1) Colette Sorbetto muslin for me
2) Vogue 8724 dress for me
3) Simplicity 2377 dress for Myra
4) Baby doll dresses for Myra's babies
5) Simplicity 2738 PJ top for Logan
6) Simplicity 2290 PJ pants for Logan
7) Simplicity 4711 romper for Duncan
8) Vogue 1250 dress for me
9) Ottobre 06/2008-16 skirt for Myra

That ended up being a total of 11 items, with 12 1/4 yards used. All of the yardage was from stash! Woo-hoo!! My favorite item for me this month was the Vogue 1250 maxi dress. It's comfortable and easy to wear, but still looks great no matter what.

At the moment I'm still plugging away at the pants for Mitch. It isn't that they are complicated, just that my sewing time has been pretty limited these last two weeks. So, I've bit sewing in bits and dabs - pocket here, zipper there. I'll get there. After that I've got a lineup planned to make most efficient use of the thread on the serger. There's even a dress for me in there. We'll see how it goes... I've really got to start thinking about fall and winter sewing. We're actually going to have a real winter this year! I need to get ready.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Winter will be a change, after Texas. I'm looking forward to your always wonderful creations.

Thanks ever so much for offering your condolences on Thor. The good wishes of others are all that's carrying me through right now, so I can help my kids through this.