Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ottobre 03/2004-7

I managed to get this little cutie done just in time for Christmas!

I originally intended to make it out of the vintage corduroy that my mother gave me, but I just couldn't bring myself to cut it for an untried pattern.   I have been in love with Vintage Dots forever, so when I saw some in corduroy at Hobby Lobby I snatched it up.  It's perfect for this little pinafore.

How cute is this little pocket?!  Myra has been tucking cars into it all morning.   This pattern has a lot of sweet little details, like the pleated, beaded pocket.  The hemline has elastic sewn in at the sides, which gives it a sweet shape.  All of the seams are topstitched.  It isn't obvious, since I used cream thread, but it is a nice touch.  The only thing I might change for the next time would be the straps.  They're hemmed on all sides, and I think I'd have preferred to make them as loops so there wasn't an underside.

But Myra's happy!  Bring on the presents!!


  1. Myra does look happy in her new Christmas frock! I imagine it was fun at your house yesterday!

  2. Absolutely adorable - Love the dots!!

  3. Perfect. I know what you maen about top stitching - and that pocket is adorable. I've had that magazine on my Christmas list for several years now with no luck. I think it is time to break down and order it for myself.

  4. That is so cute!!! I am always a sucker for

    1) pinafores/jumpers (there's some confusion in our English/American household about that) and

    2) baby-wale corduroy in tiny cute prints

    You've put them together perfectly. I'm going to have to see if I have this issue and if so why I never saw this pattern. So CUTE!!

  5. So cute! What a great Christmas dress for Myra!

  6. Adorable!!! Hopes for a wonderful 2010!

  7. Darling overall dress. I am glad she is really using that sweet pocket!