Friday, July 31, 2009

Ottobre 02/2005-05

The more I sew from Ottobre, the more I love it!! Not only do they have the coolest boy clothes ever, the patterns are well designed and the instructions, even without diagrams, are easy to follow. I may never buy another children's pattern again.

I finished Logan's first birthday shirt. Obviously, he can't model it for you yet, but here it is.
And a close up of the cool sleeve detail.
No, I didn't have another difficultly with ripply hems. What the poor picture can't tell you is that this is a sleeve band rather than a hem, and it is just right! Thanks to good quality fabric, I had no trouble with this tee at all, despite the fact that the sleeves are rib knit. The design is great! The curved shoulder seam is so cute and goes together easily. All of the seams are top stitched. I used a double needle on the regular sewing machine, but coverstitching would work as well.

Now on to more birthday sewing!

7 comments:

Sew Lind said...

This t-shirt is such a great shape, I love Ottobre for boys too! Perfect fabric choice :-)

Carrie said...

Cute T for Logan. I love the topstitching on the sleeve seam. Looks RTW to me. He's going to be one happy little man with new clothes to wear....One of these days I will venture out and get and Ottobre

ljm said...

I love the shirt! I just ordered my first issue of Ottobre thanks to your raves....I'm excited!

Melissa said...

Very nice! I love the combo of the stripes and the solid. I know I keep saying this but I need to get that magazine! lol

Ruth said...

Since I started subscribing to Ottobre I rarely buy children's patterns.

Oh, and nice job on the shirt!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Your projects are all cool. The curved shoulder seam is technically called a raglan sleeve - I'm sure you knew that anyway :)

web design Los Angeles said...

Very nice...the color the pattern and the style is perfect.