Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Free fabric!

So, I know I am on a fabric diet, but it only counts if I actually pay for it, right? Nikki, for whom I made the sweet shirred summer dress, thanked me with a gift card to Hancock's, and since they are in the midst of their big summer clearance (It ends today, so hurry!), I headed on over there. I decided it was time to shop for me. I am in desperate need for some tops to go with all of these skirts I've been churning out, so I got a few knits (the stripes), some cotton batik, stretch poplin and some gabardine. (OK, that's for capris.)Pretty, eh? The bonus of the shopping trip was that although I overspent (of course), their register had some problems reading my gift card, so after wrestling with it for about 20 minutes, the night manager (who knows me, since I spend many hours there), just gave me everything for the value of the card! Woo-hoo!

No comments: