Monday, July 7, 2014

Jalie 2921 scarf collar top, abbreviated.

Jalie 2921 is one of my favorite top patterns. I'm not sure why I've only made it three times actually. Something shiny distracted me, I guess.
I like the shape of it, and the collar is cool to make and fun to wear.
You'd think after three makes I'd have gotten around to doing a swayback adjustment though. Lazy past Katie keeps forgetting to alter the pattern.
I made this version exactly like my first (you can see my cheater FBA method here as well), with the exception of shortening the ties. Like, a lot. I find that while it looks cute tied, the knot bugs me with wear and untied, the ties are too long and hang out of the bottom of jackets and sweaters.
So, ties and sleeves are short and perky. The fabric is ITY from FabricMart. I had bought it thinking dress, but it's a bit thin for that. Perfect for a summer top though.
Between the short sleeves and the thin knit, this will be a great trans-seasonal piece, since the ties are short enough to layer under jackets. I'm so glad I squeezed this one in before we moved!

8 comments:

Heather Bee said...

Yeaaaaah zebra! I know what you mean about the long ties being annoying. Looks like this is the perfect solution.

Andrea said...

Cute top! I'm so far behind on blogging and blog reading (although I did catch the holiday Barbie dress (or Barbie's friend?), which was so adorable. I missed where you are moving. Just moving house, or to a new town? Best of luck where ever it is! Hope Mother Nature is kind to you on moving day.

NZsew said...

Super cute!!!

Beth said...

Great idea to shorten them--turned out well.

Kristy Chan said...

I was surprised to see you in a new make so soon after your move - I imagined you sewing amongst unpacked boxes! A great idea to make it before you loved though, one less bit of fabric to move!

Rhonda said...

Such a fabulous top and it looks incredible with your jeans!

Jane Marie said...

I am embarrassed to admit that I have owned this pattern for a few years and have yet to pull it out and sew it up. I too am catching up on blog reading so congrats on the move as well.

Joy said...

I love it the shortened ties - the long ties are great, but short ties would be practical. You remind me I need to remake this one. My version is in an interlockish knit - too thick for my 3/4 sleeve choice.