Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kitschy Coo Comino Cap Maxi dress

For my dress version of the new Kitschy Coo Comino Cap Top and Dress pattern, I went all out. This fantastic bodice just begs to be a maxi dress!
The mods to make this maxi were very simple. I measured the length I needed to the floor (for reference, this was 20 inches for me) and added the length to the skirt portion in two parts. I added half (10 inches) at the lengthen/shorten line provided on the pattern, then added the other half of the length at the hem, continuing the sweep out for some added flare.
It's nice and swirly at the hem for plenty of walking ease, but still sleek through the hips. Just the way I like it.
It's nicely fitted through the back as well. Also, I love the the shoulder yoke continues around to the back. Don't you hate it when patterns put all the design interest in front? Not here. Perfect design!
For this Comino Cap dress, I used a leopard print ITY from FabricMart for the main body of the dress and a cotton rib knit for the yoke. Since my fabrics were thin and slinky this time, I used my usual size and the fit is perfecto.
This dress has also been in constant rotation since I made it, and I get compliments from strangers every time. I love it! What are you waiting for? Go get the pattern!

11 comments:

Lori said...

I have been on vacation so catching up with one comment. Love this new pattern and your top and maxi from it. Fabulous job and good luck with the unpacking.

Dorothy DotDot said...

Really pretty dress and like you, I'm loving that wrap around yoke!

Vanessa said...

This is a stunning dress!

Sarah C said...

I love this version!! I need to get this pattern ASAP!

RiAnge said...

This dress is TDF!!! The fit and fabric combo are excellent.

ladykatza said...

I love this version, as I've said a million times already. Must take photos of mine!

Sheila said...

The maxi looks fabulous on you.

Helena said...

I'm not a big leopard fangirl, butyour new dress is fabulous!

Shannon Olson said...

That dress is breathtaking. You look absolutely stunning. It looks so comfortable too! This pattern is definitely going on my wishlist!

Becky W said...

Looks great! It's nice to see a maxi dress with sleeves that still looks stylish.

NZ sew said...

I remember this dress... I still love it, and you still look amazing in it!