This is vintage Simplicity 8170, which I've made in the pajama version here and here. This time I made the nightgown. Myra is all about her gowns. Especially if they have fairies on them.
This is the first time I have used the pocket on this pattern. It seemed silly to put a pocket on a nightgown, but Myra loves them.
They keep her hands warm.this dress.
The closure for this nightgown is a slit in the center back seam. Super easy to do, since you just stitch down the seam allowances to finish the slit edges.
For the button loop, I've tried several different things with this pattern, but the previous ones have all come apart with wear. This time, I'm using 1/8 inch elastic to make the loop. Here's hoping it holds! And aren't those buttons awesome! Opalescent purple buttons seemed a natural match to the fairy print.