Thursday, October 28, 2010

Simplicity 3765 again...

I love how quickly baby clothes whip up!  They're little, no closures, no facings - so quick!
This is yet another version of Simplicity 3765, this time made of the scraps of Logan's hoodie.  I love fleece pants, especially cuffed fleece pants for babies.  They're so cozy.  I appliqued a strip of "road" onto a purchased onesie.  It seems with every baby I forget how much I really hate those cheap Gerber onesies.  They are so thin - such a pain to applique and even for summer babies, too thin to wear by themselves.
On the pants, I appliqued some of the vehicles on both back and front of the left leg.  Here's the back!

While I was at it, I did a quick tie onesie to go with the Wee Professor sweater and cords.
My Religion prof in college (despite being in his mid-30s) always sported the bow tie look, so every time I think "college professor" I think of him.  Obviously, my Wee Professor needed a bow tie to wear on those days he's not wearing his silk bubble.
Here is the tie up closer.  I love making tie onesies for little boys.  They're so fun.  You might get tired of looking at them...

12 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

That outfit really makes me laugh - it is SUCH a little professor outfit - the woolen cardy, cord trousers, bow tie -it's just perfect.

MariaDenmark said...

It's really cute! And you are right - baby clothes is often very fast to sew - a quick sewing fix!

Makes me think I should do a few sets this week-end for a friend...

Julia said...

You are going to have the best dressed baby ever!!!

auntninn said...

The pants are cute but the tweedy sweater and bow tie makes me squeal. It's so cute!

Joy said...

I love that professor outfit! How much fun you can have with little boys' clothes. I wonder if my boys would go for it? hehe

Pam said...

I must confess I'm breathless at the Little Professor outfit. . . perhaps time will tell?

Angela said...

The lil prof outfit is sooo cute! Actually, both are really cute... but the prof is my favorite!! :D

Susan said...

I love it!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Too precious - I never thought about appliquéing onesies! Cute outfits!

gwensews said...

Your baby will win the "best dressed" category, for sure! Babies are such fun to dress. Cute clothes!

Kitschy Coo said...

The bow tie is awesome! Love it :)

amber said...

Okay, I'm totally stealing the tie onsie idea at some point. That is too dang cute!