Monday, October 18, 2010

Kitschy Coo Reversible Hoodie - boy style

Back to the non-costume sewing - whew!  I wanted a project that was fun, but not overly challenging.  And Logan needs a jacket.  Enter the amazing reversible hoodie by Kitschy Coo.  I know I gushed about how much I love this pattern last time I made it, but seriously, it practically sews itself.  I mean, a reversible jacket, sewn in 2 days!!  Amazing!
and adorable.  Logan picked out the fabrics for this one, and I think he did great!  If only I had done as well matching the tops of the pocket across the zipper...  I definitely need to work on inserting separating zips.
The outer layer is quilting cotton that Logan spotted at Hancock.  We were on the search for helicopter fabric, but Logan saw this and it was love.  He chose a coordinating light blue fleece for the inner layer.  I'm not overjoyed with the color of the ribbing, but beggars can't be choosers.  This is from the stash.  My local options for ribbing are white, black and red.  I was excited to find a real reversible separating zipper in light blue!!  Even more exciting, it is a coil zip, so I could just sew through it, since of course it had to be shortened.  I got it at Stan's Sewing Supplies.  If you need a specialty zipper, he has it!  While you're shopping, he also has great prices on your everyday zips as well.
I'm so happy with this little jacket, and even happier that Logan loves it, too!!  His eyes lit up when I gave it to him and he wore it around the house all afternoon.  Oh yes, this is why I sew!

18 comments:

Karin van D. said...

It looks great, what a cute little jacket. You can see he's happy with it, he's beaming :-)

Tawny said...

Aww! It looks like a winner :D Love it!

Cindy said...

Looks great! I have my pattern printed off but still need to tape it together. Maybe today.

gwensews said...

Nice little jacket, Katie. I like the costumes you've made for your family, too. You probably had a ball making them!

Joy said...

Such a cute jacket!
Sewing for yourself is pretty satisfying, but sewing for grateful kids is an entirely different thing, isn't it?

Heather said...

Oh how sweet! It looks great even if the zip isn't quite right (I really couldn't tell anyway) and your little man loves it. That's the most important thing!

Beth said...

It is great! We use zip up sweatshirts all the time. We have many sizes.

wendy said...

aww, that's adorable. the fabric is really sweet!

Kitschy Coo said...

Fantastic! He looks so pleased with it!

Getting the pockets even is tricky business :)

meli88a said...

sweet and adorable!

Pam said...

That Jacket is Adorable!! Great job mommie!! Thanks for the zipper tips too!

Sascha said...

I like it much more when you sew maternity wear and Ren fair stuff... just fun to look at but nothing adding to my To Do list. Now you've gone and added something. I'm not happy with you right now.

Kym said...

He is one happy little customer!
xK

Sue said...

Super cute and the jacket is lovely too!

Michelle said...

What a great hoodie! Your little guy is adorable!

Nikki said...

Love this jacket and the fabric, yet another pattern to add to my long, long list.

amber said...

Really cute! I'm even more intrigued by this pattern now that I know it can be used with quilting cotton. I was struggling on what to make from woven cotton fabric for Vino's son other than button down shirts. I'll keep this in mind. :)

Angela said...

AHHH!!! So cute!!