Friday, September 1, 2017

Stashbusting Sewalong 2017 : September is TOP MONTH!

Burda 10/05-115 knit top
If you've been following my blog for more than a minute or two, you know how much I LOVE sewing tops, so when Heather mentioned that she needed someone to head up Top Month on our Stashbusting Sewalong Facebook group, I jumped at the chance.
Vogue 8759 men's shirt
One of the things I love about this theme is that it is so flexible! Practically any style, level of complexity and fabric choice will work here. Want to make an easy tee shirt? No problem? Craving something complex? We can do that! Tops can be anything you can imagine!
Ottobre 04/2013-12 refashioned tee
You don't even have to limit yourself to people! Barbie need a tee to match? Go for it! Want to make your favorite pooch a cuddly top for winter walks? Let's make it happen!
A pair of Ottobre tees
Tops are super fun! I hope everyone in the group enjoys this month. I'll be posting a few more tops I'm working on as the month progresses, as well as some top-sewing tips that I have picked up along the way. I've also put together a Pinboard dedicated to sewing tops. It's a mix of patterns (some free!) and inspiration that I hope you will find useful. You can find the board here. Let's sew some tops!

1 comment:

fayedoll1 said...

You are such a great sewist. I love it when you post!