Friday, July 8, 2016

Avengers Assemble! Phase 1

A few months ago I came across some Marvel Avengers themed jersey at fabric.com. Although we are generally a DC family, we'll admit that the Avengers can be pretty awesome as well. Shirts were needed.
I started with Logan. His shirt is from the 03/2010 issue of Ottobre. It's a short sleeved raglan tee with a neckband and sleeve cuffs. I elected to do the sleeves only in the Avengers print. The remainder of the shirt is Laguna knit from fabric.com.
I could pretend I mixed the fabrics to make my Avengers print stretch farther, but the truth is, I wanted to add an HTV decal with my Cricut. I love that thing. Black makes a nice dramatic background for red!
When I was selecting patterns, I almost passed this one by. I wasn't sold on the sleeve cuffs. I'm really glad I went ahead and did them though. I like the ringer effect of the band.
The fit of the tee is long and slim, which has a nice modern look, despite the fact that the pattern was published 6 years ago. Ottobre is always ahead of the game! Duncan's tee is from the same 03/2010 issue, but his is number 18. It's the same style, but in a different size range.
The two fabrics are well matched in weight and both are nice quality, which means the boys are happy and comfortable in their new shirts.
In order to keep things extra comfortable for my sensitive guys, I made size tags out of scraps of HTV to iron onto the inside of the shirts. I had been using woven tags to keep track of sizes, but I like this so much better! No more itchy tags!
Duncan approves. And there's lots more Avengers fabric left to use! Stay tuned for more Super Sewing!

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh my goodness, your boys just look so HAPPY! I love their shirts, and clearly they do too! (Or you bribed them well for photos? ;)

Katie Deshazer said...

Fortunately, the only necessary bribery was "Let's play outside!" They love being outside!

Lisa Laree said...

Brilliant!!