Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ottobre 01/2015-25 Jungle January sweater

Since it's a bit of a Jungle January tradition for Myra to join in the party, I asked her to choose an animal print fabric from my stash and tell me what she wanted me to make. She's gotten very picky about her wardrobe and surprises don't always go over well.
She chose the small scale cheetah print that I had used to make my Deer and Doe Plantain. It's a lightweight sweater knit with some embossed silver foil in the print. Animal print and bling are a combination Myra can't resist. I used hot pink for the neckband and topstitching to tie into the rest of Myra's wardrobe. Hot pink is a neutral.
 
The pattern she chose was from the 01/2015 issue of Ottobre, pattern #25. It's a loose fit, boat neck tee with gathered 3/4 sleeves and a curved hemline. It's a great basic style that will suit a lot of fabric types and embellishments.
Since silver foil animal print with pink accents wasn't enough going on, I also added a butterfly crystal embellishment. Myra loves it, but I have my doubts about how well it will weather her rough and tumble play.
The length is great on Myra - just grazes the hip. Myra is 118 cm tall, so if your little lady is taller, you may want to add some length.
Overall, it is definitely a win! Myra loves the fabric and the bling. She'll wear it a lot since it pretty much matches everything she owns. Myra pretty much lives Jungle January all year long. This little apple definitely didn't fall far from the tree...

No comments: