Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Monthly Roundup: April 2013

Somehow, typing "April 2013" just now made me realize how much of this year has already flown by! It's practically summer! Anyway, April wasn't my best month ever.

I sewed:
1) Ottobre 06/2012-13 pants for Logan
2) Casual Lady top for me
3) Simplicity 2814 top for me
4) Burda Magazine 10/2005-132 pants for Mitch
5) Kitschy Coo Skater dress x4 for Myra, her BFF and my niece
6) Kwik Sew 3167 camisole for me
7) McCalls 6563 skirt for me

That totals out to 10 garments. Not too shabby considering the man pants that took me nearly 2 weeks. I sewed up 18.5 yards of fabric and only purchased 3 yards, all of which I used this month! I'm kind of thrilled about that. I also sewed a Burda Magazine pattern - the man pants. Since I was so negative, I'm going to put my max fabric goal for this month at 18 yards. I think that will get me back on track for the year.
My big blog accomplishment this month was actually managing to produce a little pattern to share. It's just a sleeve, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Did you see this cute one @jm_subrn posted on Instagram?? Seriously, orange and tie dye! Love!!
I didn't get to spend nearly as much time in the Challis Chalet as I had hoped, but I did make a blouse and a skirt, both of which I'm very pleased with. Hopefully I'll get at least one challis dress made this month. I wants it.
Next month (and June as well) the big news around here will be the SwimAlong that Leila of Three Dresses Project and I are hosting. We'll get deep into the nitty-gritty of swimwear patterns, construction and all the helpful tips you'll need to successfully stitch up your own custom swimsuit. We'll be unfolding some details on our blogs tomorrow, so be sure to check back. You definitely don't want to miss this!

No comments: