Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monthly Roundup: October 2011

I hope everyone who celebrated had a fabulous Halloween! We're all on sugar overload over here, but it sure was fun!
My happy trick or treaters
Are you wondering about the glowing Magic Hair?
I know, right? How cool is that?? Mitch reports that she was the hit of the neighborhood. And she didn't even have to sing.

Anyway, I've been a busy bee this month! Halloween sort of took over my sewing room for most of it, but I managed a few other things as well. The sewing highlight of the month was Sewing Summit! I had a wonderful time, learned quite a few new tricks and met some beautiful, talented women. It was awesome!

This month, I have made:
1) New Look 66793 dress as a baby gift
2) Ottobre 06-2009-3 tee as a baby gift
3) Jalie 2105 leotard for Myra
4) Jalie 2921 top for me
5) Ottobre 06/2009-7 vest for Logan
6) Garter Stripe Scarf for Myra
7) Norobi Obi for me
8) Simplicity 2065 dress for Myra
9) Ottobre 03/2009-23 shirt for Logan
10) Simplicity 2506 jumpsuit and accessories for Duncan
11) Simplicity 2065 headdress for Myra
12) Ottobre 01/2009-23 pants x2 for Logan
13) Kwik Sew 3570 pullover for Mitch
14) Vogue 1020 cardigan for me

That rounds out to 12 sewn items and 2 knitted. I'm particularly excited to have my first knitting FOs in months. Yardage wise, I sewed 20 1/2 yards, only 10 of which were from stash. All those Halloween costumes are mostly at fault here. Surprised I didn't have 8 yards of sparkle satin in my stash? The Rapunzel dress was definitely the most labor intensive project this month, and I did learn some good techniques from it, most notably I learned to gather by zigzag stitching over dental floss (Thank you, Tanis-Isis for that tip!)

Next month I have much winter sewing planned. Remember this fabric?
I bought it nearly 2 years ago, and it's time has come. It will be a new jacket before the month is out. I am determined. I could also use a new pair of jeans, as I've been culling the herd recently. There is also this piece of metallic suedecloth calling my name... Hmm, maybe I'll just play it by ear. :)

8 comments:

Beth said...

I love the glowing hair. Is it just regular glue sticks?

What a month for you!

natalie said...

whew halloween is over right....my halloween was a bit labor intensive :) Love the glowing hair...not sure how i've manage to not make a rapunzel dress yet?
All your kids look adorable!

Witch Hazel said...

Great family photo! Wow, the glowing hair is SUCH a great touch!! Best Rapunzel costume I've seen by miles.

Glad to hear you had a great Halloween!

Tanit-Isis said...

Those costumes turned out great! (I'm glad no homicide was required)

... and, that's a long and impresive list! I am terribly envious of people who're organized to keep track of their monthly makes and yardage and things. :)

Jo said...

I have to come out of lurk-dom to say, that glowing hair is AMAZING!!! Great job on the costumes!

Marjie said...

The kids look happy, and Daddy looks happy, too. Love the glowing hair. Good sewing accomplishments, in spite of spending a long time creating Rapunzel!

Jane M said...

Wow, all of that sewing and glowing hair also. Great october and such a wonderfully happy family. It's a delight to see.

Kristin said...

Your halloween cuties look amazing! The magic hair is incredible. It's like the icing on the cake and really finishes off that gorgeous dress!

I'm excited about your new coat! I haven't bought that pattern yet, as I don't have time to make a coat anytime soon, but I've had my eye on it for a long time and can't wait to see how it turns out!