Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Butterick 4910

We all got some serious sewing done at our last sewing group meeting.  I finished up this peasant top for Myra.
The pattern is Butterick 4910, which I also used to make her Renaissance dress.  This time I made the top version without the ruffle.  I left the sleeves long so that they would pouf nicely with the wrist gathering (done with elastic zigzagged on).  The body length is oddly short as compared to the arm length.  The bodice pattern pieces for the ruffled and unruffled version are the same, so I guess the ruffled version would probably be appropriately long.  Next time I make it, I'll definitely lengthen the bodice.  Otherwise I really like this pattern.. It's a nice basic.
The fabric is an Anna Maria Horner print that I've had in stash forever.  It's a good color for Myra (and hides chocolate stains well), and I have a couple of yards left, so you will probably see it again...

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Myra is becomming a Fashionista! That's a very cute top. She must be having a growth spurt since every time you post a picture of her, it looks like she has grown again.

Digs said...

That's what I thought (re. Gwen's post) - what a stylish little poppet she is. But mom, get lots of rest now, eh? Merry Christmas to you all (except, maybe, for more baby pics? :))