This time, I went with basic white. A girl can never have too many simple white blouses. This fabric is a tencel shirting with a nice drape that complements the unstructured style of Bellini. Since I was going for a super wearable basic, I used the cutaway collar this time, and a very understated white button.
The only minor complaint I have with my first Bellini (which I made with no alterations to the pattern) is that there is a teeny bit of pulling at the bust. Not even enough to make the buttons gape, but it does create an unsighly fold at the bustline.
I did a small FBA, adding a horizontal bust dart, and now that little pull is gone.
The back didn't require any alteration at all. Despite the lack of shaping back there, I think the silhouette is nice.
I took a few pictures of the process, so an FBA tutorial for the Bellini is in the cards. Stay tuned for that!