Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ottobre 06/2008-13 & 03/2011-20

Because she needs new clothes...
Myra has recently developed a bit of an obsession with Hello Kitty, so when I saw this knit print at Cottonwood Fabrics, I snatched it up. It is a little on the thin side, and I think it looks a bit PJ-like all by itself. Myra picked out this hot pink panne velvet at Joann recently and when I got it home, I realized they were a perfect match.

Both patterns are from Ottobre. The top is the "Sweet 'n' Cosy" tunic from the 06/2008 issue. I've used it before to make fleece PJs and I like the way it fits.
This time I actually did the elastic at the cuffs. I think it helps make this look less like PJs. I used my binder on the neckline. Both fabrics were very curly and hard to work with, so I am really glad I had the serger and coverstitch to help tame them.
The bottoms are super cute. This is the "Funky Stripes" skirted leggings from the 03/2011 issue of Ottobre. The design is for capri length leggings, but I lengthened them to full length for winter. I love the look of a skirt with leggings. This way you only have the one waistband. And they match, which is not always the case when Myra picks out her clothes...
This was a quick and easy outfit to put together. I'll definitely be using these patterns again. In the meantime, I've also been hard at work on a coat. After 3 muslins, I'm finally ready to cut the fabric. It's going to be awesome.

7 comments:

BConky said...

What little girl wouldn't love that adorable outfit. I know my six granddaughters would all wear it. So cute.

Cindy said...

Sweet outfit! Using a solid with the print is great idea.:)

Sandi said...

Very cute! Gracie also has a Hello Kitty obsession and convinced me to buy her two new Hello Kitty tees on Monday - now I need to find some great fabrics to go with them.

Sharon Sews said...

Aw, that's such a cute little outfit!

Mikhaela Reid said...

Super cute! I love Ottobre patterns and I love the Hello Kitty print!

Jane M said...

Precious outfit and Myra looks adorable in it. Happy New Year!

michal said...

what a cute outfit! I love kity myself, your dd has a great taste :-)