Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FO: Ribbed Watchman's Hat twice

After I knit Myra her little pink hat, Logan has been asking for his own hat.  Of course, I couldn't knit him the girly cables, so I went hunting for a sufficiently manly style.  The Ribbed Watchman's Hat is worn by the soldiers in the Isreali Army.  Can't get much manlier than that!
I knit Logan's in a blue to coordinate with his hoodie.  My Ravelry notes are here.  While I was at it, I thought I'd replace Mitch's old nasty running hat as well.  I didn't tell him what I was up to, so it was a bit of a surprise.
Mitch's was knit in a bulkier yarn on bigger needles, so it is a little larger than Logan's.  It should keep him nice and cozy for his early morning runs, and it's a lot nicer than the ratty old one he had before.
Here is my family, all with cozy warm heads!  I guess I'd better knit up a pint sized one for the Wee Professor...

ETA 10/23:
Here is the one for the Wee Professor, with some matching mitts.  Rav notes are here and here.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Great hats for the entire family! And right on time for the changing weather. I've never knitted a hat before and you've definitely inspired me:)

Heather said...

Aww... You know part of a mom's job is keepin' noggins snuggly! LOL! Now you need one.

Louiz said...

lovely hats, don't forget one for you too:)

Joy said...

Ribbed Watchman - so cute! I'd love to try my hand(s) at one once my knitting skills move beyond the partially-finished-scarf stage.

Michelle said...

Great job on the hats! I can't believe how fast you are knitting! Great work.

Pam said...

Great hats, I actually went by the store (though I"m in San Diego )to check out knitting needles). . super cozy. . . all the better for winters in Utah:)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Awesome! What color will your's be? Which do you enjoy more - knitting or sewing?

amber said...

So cute! I love that you used the same design that the soldiers wear - very cool!

Angela said...

Aww.. you need one, too!! You guys are just too cute!