Sunday, May 23, 2010

MMM, Day 22 and a new purchase!

Today we are headed to Austin, to get a new-to-us minivan!!  A lot of driving (Austin is about an hour away) means I wanted to be comfortable, but still cute.  I am wearing Butterick 4985 on top with my McCall's 5142 jeans.  I made this top before I really had figured out Big 4 sizing (and have any of us REALLY figured this out??), so I cut it a size larger than I would now.  It is a bit big in the shoulders and the neckline gapes just a touch, but the fit isn't bad, and I really like the style.
And here is the pretty new car we came home with!!  A huge thank you to everyone who contributed experience and opinions regarding our big purchase.  It was really helpful.  You all convinced me of quite a few things I might not have even considered, most particularly the leather seats (which we got!).  She is a 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring Ed. and she is easily the most tricked out car I've ever driven (DVD player, GPS, seat heaters - the whole nine yards!).  I love her!  We're calling her "the Limo" since she's so fancy.

11 comments:

wendy said...

Hooray for a new car! I didn't realize how great GPS was until I got one recently, and it's so nice to have even if you just leave it set to display an area map rather than give you directions.

And I love this blouse :-) I, too, have not really figured out big 4 sizing... they are never as consisitent as BWOF. Sigh.

Beangirl said...

Oooo, fancy! If I had all that fancy-schmancy stuff in my van, I'd be inclined to keep mine (but I'm trading it for my sister's sedan... go figure!).

"Limo" will be about right, it's nice to have a car that you love when you're in it so much hauling the Little Monkeys around (or at least, that's how it works in our house).

auntninn said...

Congratulations on the new wheels!

When you asked for mini-van help I didn't chime in since we don't have one. But I'm glad someone told you to get leather seats. The first time you clean up a major spill or vomit (I've done dog vomit years before we had a child) you'll be glad. :)

Kathi said...

Congrats on the new van! You will enjoy all of the extras. If you keep it for any number of years, they will definitely be priceless!!! I know the remote control doors have been AMAZING -- even more so before the boys were old enough to open them on their own!!
I am sure the folks at the dealership were quite impressed with your outfit!

XUE said...

Hallo from the land of Honda ! I drive a Honda Elyson which looks very similiar to yr Odyssey. It has 7 seats, remote control sliding door, GPS (thank God for that!). And at the Honda main office here, there is a real Robot to greet & serve you in the lobby. Honda first started doing robotics & only later, ventured into cars. Happy Monday from Tokyo!

Linda L said...

Nice new vehicle; you will really like it I think. My company car is a Honda! I love it, great mileage, etc.
I loved your comment about figuring out the Big 4. I don't think I will ever get the same fit within the same pattern brand.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Congrats on the limo - enjoy the toys!

Ann Made Studio said...

Very cute top. You look great in this outfit.

Congratulations on your
new purchase ~ sounds perfect!

Elizabeth said...

Cute top! I'll have to pick it up when Buttericks are on sale this next week.

Enjoy the Odyssey. My brother and his family love theirs.

Sascha said...

Love the car. Mmmmmmmmmm cannot live without the seat heaters! Enjoy the limo!

amber said...

Congrats on the new car! She's purtty!