Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Look 6816, Valentine version

Before I plough into my next project I want to thank everyone for the feedback about Myra's skirt!!  You all gave me some great ideas, and I think I'm ready to proceed...  I'll show you all the final result when it's done.

I was planning to make a simple raglan tee as my next project, but at my sewing group last night, the ladies convinced me that I needed to make this.
I'm so glad they did!!  I LOVE it!  It is the same pattern as this sweater, but rendered in a poly spandex that I got to fulfill the 20 dollar minimum order at Spandex World.  It is covered with pink and white abstract swirls, some of which form heart shapes.  It's perfect for a Valentine outfit for me!!  Of course, now I need a black pencil skirt - can you believe I don't own one??

11 comments:

Kathi said...

That is really cute!!
I read your comment about my jeans this morning and how you didn't have enough room in the front with the low rise version of them. I made the higher rise version. I am going to compare the two and see if there is a difference in the cuts. Maybe my fix will be easier than I thought if the lower rise ones are tighter there! I can morph the two patterns together! Somehow I can't imagine that it will be that easy, though!

Beth said...

I love the print on that fabric. It looks great.

Unknown said...

Great top, super cute! And that makes two of us with no black pencil skirt, but soon to be remedied this weekend! Good luck with yours...

gwensews said...

Nice top and you're right--perfect for Valentine's Night. All you need is a romantic restaurant. Oh, and your hubby, of course!

Beangirl said...

Wow, it must be National Make A Black Pencil Skirt Week, because that was my plan for this weekend too. I LOVE this top on you, it is great! Very cute. Now... must check out Spandex World again (although I always think it sounds like a place for "adults only" LOL)

Angela said...

Cute top! I love how it's Valentines-y but not too much!

Kathryn said...

A valentine's top you can wear all I love the sleeves - and your blog! Which is why there is an award for you over on my blog.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

One word...gorgeous.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

FABULOUS top! Love the fabric! Now what the heck is a sewing group? And I'm stunned you got the suggestion last night and it's done today - WOW.

Aminat said...

That is so cute..I love the fabric..

Digs said...

It's very lovely - Happy family Valentines weekend!