Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Test run!

Mitch wore his new scrubs to work today. He likes them, so that makes me happy. There are a few more minor changes for the next set, but nothing critical, so that pattern is a go. The color, while fabulous and exactly what Mitch wanted, is also the precise color worn by the nursing staff on one of the floors where Mitch often is working, so I think we'll be going with the more traditional "doctor" blue for the next round. Apparently his co-workers spent the day asking him why he was wearing nurses scrubs.

It also got a wee bit cooler today and so Logan got to wear his jacket.
I think that delighted face says it all.

In other news, I got started on Vogue 8323. I am making view A, but with the 3/4 sleeves. By my upper bust I am a size 10, but by both measurement and tissue fit, I need a 1 inch FBA. This is the first time I've needed a full FBA on something with a princess seam, so I used this really cool tutorial to help. It's great! It even has animations to show you how to spread the pattern.
Here are my altered pattern pieces. This was a little complicated because of the wrap neckline. How weird does that pattern piece look? The big "wing" is the wrap self-facing. I had to sort of reflect my slash and spread at an angle to resize the front, but so far it looks good. Maybe I'll have a new top to show you soon!

3 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Wow, that looks complicated. And why I don't sew for myself :)

gwensews said...

Your little boy looks adorable in his jacket. What a big smile! Good luck making your top.

Kathi said...

The jacket looks so cute on him and he looks thrilled!! What a good feeling that is!
You know, I wish all nurses wore the same color scrub pants, all docs wore the same color, residents, etc. My husband was recently in the hospital and I found it all very confusing.