Friday, February 1, 2013

Monthly Roundup: January 2013

January was such a fun month! I got to participate in Jungle January, and I joined Twitter and got started sewing coats with my #sewcoatbuddy pals.

I made;
1) Simplicity 6276 jumper dress for me
2) Jalie 2794 x2 for me and Myra
3) Butterick 4222 nightgown for Myra
4) Ottobre 06/2012-13 pants for Logan
5) Butterick 4910 nightgown for Myra
6) Vogue 8330 jeans for me
7) Ottobre 06/2012-4 shirt for Duncan
8) Ottobre 06/2012-5 pants for Duncan
9) Jalie 2794 leotard for Myra
10) McCalls 6604 blouse for me
11) Kitschy Coo Skater dress x2 for Myra
12) Burda magazine 01/2011-120 leggings for me

That is a total of 14 projects sewn, some of which I still need to blog. I sewed up 20 yards of fabric, and only added 11.5 yards, 4 yards of which have ALREADY BEEN SEWN!! That's sort of epic for me, since I so often buy fabric just for the stash. The remaining yardage is intended for coats, of which one I have already muslined, so we are in good shape there.

As for the Stashbusting Challenge, I think the above speaks to how well that is going. Yay!  Of the 14 projects I sewed, 12 of them were from stash fabrics, so that's good there. I also managed to use both a vintage pattern and a Burda magazine pattern this month, which was my secondary pattern stash goal. I'm pretty happy with that, too.There's more Burda to come as well. Both planned coats are to be sewn from Burda magazine patterns.
Next month, my main focus will be my #sewcoatbuddy coat. I've already made the first muslin, and I have some ideas about what I need to fix to make it fit. My Twitter buddies have been really helpful helping tweak the fit. It's so awesome having such great support. I don't have the stamina to do such a big project all in one haul, so I'll definitely be doing some quick palate cleansing projects throughout the month as well.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I can't believe you've made so much in one month. That's incredible! Someting I can only dream of (I'm lucky if I manage one FO per month, and in January have only achieved half a Charlotte skirt and half a very simple coat muslin!!!).

Well done!

The Hojnackes said...

You are like a machine! I can hardly believe how much you can make in a month. Makes me look bad. hehe

Marjie said...

What a wonderfully productive month! I hope you enjoy making your coat as much as you'll enjoy wearing it! I can't wait to see the outcome.