Y'all may have noticed that I do not do home dec sewing, and I seldom sew for anyone other than my family, but sometimes a good enough cause comes along and I am convinced.
Also, this was really easy. Myra's preschool recently acquired a puppet theatre. It is really lovely and nicely made, but came without a curtain or curtain rod. I took a few measurements on Thursday (the last day of their school week) and whipped this up over the weekend with the help of Mitch, who cut down and sanded the dowel we used for a curtain rod.
I decided to make it out of two different fabrics, so that it would be easy for the kids to tell the "front" from the "back". It's fully reversible though, one side of a blue poly woven shot with silver lurex threads, and the other side is black poly satin. They can choose which side they like best for the front.
Both fabrics were very lightweight, so they drape nicely and push to the side easily for performances, but they needed a bit of weight, so I borrowed a trick from the House of Chanel and added a chain weight, which I sandwiched between the two fabrics so that it wouldn't be visible. It does hold the curtain in place nicely, without adversely affecting the drape.
Well, it was a big hit with Myra! I hope the other kids like it as well.