|Polar Bear at the Hogle Zoo. He's protecting the dress from being seen by the groom. No clicking, Steven!|
New Look 6723. I made some pretty significant changes to it, which I'll detail in my next post. It was the perfect pattern for this look, though. I really enjoyed sewing it, and I will definitely be making it for myself.
here. I'm not going to go in to the work that this dress was, but I thought it would be interesting to detail the statistics for this particular dress.
"wearable" muslin. Obviously, this doesn't include the cost for any tools I used or for my time.
Time spent sewing: 40 hours. This includes fittings, but not the creation of the duct tape dressform or time spent purchasing supplies. I consider myself a fairly fast seamstress, but I am not a professional, so I imagine a pro would be faster. For reference, a pair of jeans take me 10-12 sewing hours and a simple knit top takes 1.
Total yardage (including muslins): 39.5. The final dress was about 25 yards of that.
To see the details of the gown, click the links below: