Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ottobre 03/2011-6, again

It seems like I often say I'm going to make a pattern again, and then get distracted by something else, but this time, I actually did make something twice!
I just love the first version of this sleeveless tee I made for Duncan, and he needed a top to match his new shorts.
This time I made the top out of a Chez Ami rib knit. The ribbing for the binding is from Joann, and my coverstitch machine did NOT want to play nice with it. In the end, it is on. That's about all I can say about it. I put a little patch at center back to coordinate with the monkey patch on his shorts. These little patches are so fun! I found them with the cloth diaper notions at Joann. They came in a pack of nine patches, so you'll see them again.

ETA: (5/7): I finally got some pictures of the outfit on the baby.
I couldn't be more thrilled with how well the colors matched! Mitch keeps calling these his storebought shorts. :) As if!

In other news, I sewed up the first muslin for the wedding dress this week, so hopefully we'll get to do our first fitting today. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Marjie said...

It works well on Duncan, so there's no good reason not to make it again and again! Soon enough, he'll grow out of it, and then you'll be sad that you can't use this adorable pattern for him any more. Enjoy it while you can.

KID, MD said...

He already only has one more size larger before he outgrows this pattern!! Egads, they grow too fast.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oh goodness, that outfit is adorable! Love the colors.