Refashion: Men's cords to boy's (Ottobre 01/2009-23)
Logan has shredded two pairs of pants in as many weeks, so I needed a quick way to replace them. Enter an old pair of Mitch's cords and the pattern I made for him last week (already traced!).
The pattern is a quick and dirty elastic waist pant. Of course, Ottobre gives you tons of fun pocket and detail options, but for these, I didn't use any of them.
The front pockets came from the original pants and I didn't add any back pockets. That made these crazy quick to make. Good thing, since corduroy isn't all that sturdy and these are on their second life already.
I neglected to take a before picture, but here is how I laid them out for cutting. First I slashed the inseam and the front crotch, then laid them flat right sides together. I lined up the side seams as best I could, then placed the pattern pieces to incorporate the front pockets on the front pant piece and an unembellished section of the back leg became the new back pants. As you can see, I'm not going to get away with this for too much longer - Logan is getting too big!