SISC item #2 is sewn! I really appreciate all of the input regarding the sleeves of the jacket. Thanks to everyone!!
Vogue 1099, a Badgley Mischka design. It is a very loose fitting jacket, with a standing collar, shaping in front with pleats and gathered short sleeves. The pattern includes a slightly gathered undercollar, which I did not make. I basted it in, and it just didn't make me happy. Otherwise I followed the pattern. The lining pattern is included, but does not include the pleats, rather forms a sort of princess seam with the facing piece. It looks nice, but I don't think it has quite as much ease as the jacket front. As is was, I actually sewed a size 10 without alteration. There is so much ease that an FBA wasn't necessary. The fit is fine in front, but over a more bulky top, the jacket is a bit snug in the back and sleeves. Obviously designed to be a spring jacket!
Audrey and Jane M have made this jacket and found the sleeves to have sufficient ease in this area that reinforcement wasn't required. It looks good that way, but it was a serious pain, so for the shell, I used clear elastic to gather/stabilize.
Trena reminded me that shirring elastic seems to have a pretty short lifespan, and I want this jacket to last!