Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ottobre 03/2004-9

I'm taking a little break from the holiday sewing to fill some wardrobe holes for Myra.  My poor little princess is ill prepared for the chilly weather - and has no long sleeve tees.  So I pulled out a favorite from last year - Ottobre 03/2004-9, the wrap front tee.
I made her two versions of this tee last winter, and they were perfect!
This time I added a little stretch lace to the neckline band.  I love that there are so many opportunities to embellish this otherwise simple tee.
The fabric is a bamboo jersey that my mother used to make this top, and then sent me the rest.  I still have quite a bit left, so Myra will likely get a springtime dress once the weather warms up again.
It's a nice color on her!  The neckline is a bit more snug than she needs - I think I'll just whack of the seam allowances on the neckline and band for the next time I make it.  No worries getting it over her giant head, thanks to the wrap.

14 comments:

wendy said...

aww, that's the cutest little wrap top. the lace trimming is so sweet!

Michelle said...

Very cute! The lace is such a nice touch! As is the bamboo jersey, I dare say that most rtw kids clothes wouldn't be made out of such nice stuff!

Julia said...

She is so cute!!! It wouldn't matter what you put on her! But the tee is really sweet. love the lace!

Pam said...

I love the lace band! Hey, I need a top like that:) Seriously, wonderful job!

Uta said...

What a cutie! The top is adorable, too, I have to look out for that pattern/issue.

Kathryn said...

How have i missed this pattern? Simple and gorgeous.

Amy said...

Super cute!

Karen said...

That lace is the perfect touch. So cute!

gwensews said...

Sweet little knit top! Myra has her own TNT!

kbenco said...

The lace is a pretty finish on the top, and it looks like a terrific pattern - more stylish than a turtleneck ,but just as warm. Clever mummy! (mommy, sorry)

Eugenia said...

Myra looks adorable in her new top. The colour is perfect on her and I love the lace trim!

Angela said...

Cute top! I love the lace!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

She's so cute! I just got some bamboo jersey - can't wait to try it out - love your color!

amber said...

Very cute - love the lace detail. Btw, in that last picture, she is SO YOUR DAUGHTER! It's the eyes and the expression- they're totally from you. :)