Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kwik Sew Easy Sewing PJ pants

After sewing this Vogue top, and then deciding it was perfectly suited to be a PJ top, I decided I needed some pants.  I ordered some more of that super soft rayon jersey from Sew Sassy and traced off the basic pant pattern from Kwik Sew's Easy Sewing.
Can you tell anything about them from this picture?  OK, you can probably see how drapey and soft this fabric is from the way that it falls into the lower layers.  The color in this photo is accurate.  It's a nice saturated teal.
Since I trimmed the top with picot edge elastic, I did the same to the waistline and used a thinner, gold trimmed elastic for the hems.
Here is how they look together!  Possibly the most comfy PJs ever!  I will say that this pant has the highest waistline EVER.  I have a high waist, and despite having removed 1/2 inch above the crotch line as well as removing the casing allowance (since I used the picot elastic) they still come almost up to the empire line of the top.  Since they are PJs and still comfy, I don't care!!

10 comments:

Liesl said...

Very stylish PJs - I love that colour!

The pant might be high ... but at least you won't suffer from any unexpected midriff exposure!

Little Hunting Creek said...

That's my favorite color! Those do look comfy. Maybe I need some rayon jersey pajamas

amber said...

That looks so comfortable and really cute. I particularly like the elastic trim. You see that all the time in RTW - really nice touch.

Angela said...

Cute PJs! Love the edging!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute! This fabric looks uncooperative- I admire your ability to sew it so neatly!

Pam said...

Super comfy - now all you need is a trip to Vegas so you can lounge around in your hotel room in them before going out:) Adorable!!

gwensews said...

Those are totally cute PJs. You'll want more than one pair!

Elizabeth said...

The picot is such a nice detail for pj's. It looks like you will sleep in luxury and comfort!

Debra Martin said...

Katie, you did such a nice job with that trim. I am impressed!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You even have your glasses on like you're fixing to go to bed! Love the PJ's!