I know it looks like I made this top in a day, but I totally didn't!! I'd been working on it for a week, but waited to set in the sleeve, since I used it to demonstrate at my last sewing group.
Butterick 5284. I almost passed on this pattern, but decided to get it after seeing Erica B's version. It really is a great basic, but with some nice details. I think once I get my fit issues ironed out, this will be a fun one to play around with the different ruffles and sleeve styles. The alterations I made this time around were an FBA, enlarging the waist dart and removing 1/2 inch of ease from the sleeve cap. I'm not happy with my dart position, but size-wise the fit is great. Even with 1/2 inch gone, the sleeve cap still had too much ease. Grr. The fabric is a cheap-o cotton poly shirting from Hancock, but I really like the pinstripe. You can't tell all that well in the photos, but it is a cornflower blue.
This is the first piece in my Summer 6PAC. Next in the plan is a pair of denim capris, which are all cut out and ready to go!