Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Look 6932

Poor Myra has been sadly neglected in my sewing room of late.  With all of the insanity over my mini wardrobe, I've put aside the PJs that she really needs.  She's currently wearing Logan's hand-me-downs, all of which are a bit too small.  So, don't be too surprised if every other project this month is wee girlie jammies!
 Here is the first set.  Just a basic pink flannel and New Look 6932.  The last PJs I made her are so cute, but the empire style top tends to ride up, leaving her little belly exposed and cold.  Also, the elasticated legs get caught up on her round little thighs, leading to cold legs.  Not altogether great.  I thought I'd try out this one, since it doesn't have any of those features.
I thought it was a little plain, so I added a few lines of decorative stitching to the yoke.  Pretty, eh?  I sewed these completely on the Singer.  How fun is that??  I can't believe how many cool stitches she has!   She came with 21 different cams.
She also makes wonderful buttonholes.  I need some more practice with the buttonholer, but I think she may be replacing Janome as my main maker of buttonholes.  She sewed on the buttons as well.
They're a good fit and Myra likes them.  She keeps patting the fabric and saying "Soft.".
I also got some Little Mermaid fabric for Myra, and since the print is really to big for little girl clothes, I decided to make her a pillow.  Here she is snuggling in her new jammies with her new Ariel pillow.  So sweet.

9 comments:

gwensews said...

Myra has grown since you posted the last pic of her. How cute she is in her new PJs!

Beangirl said...

So CUTE!!! The clothes are cute too. I think a girl can just never have too many soft jammies. Of any age.

Eugenia said...

Those jammies are so sweet and pretty - just like your lovely Myra who looks totally adorable!

judy said...

Very cute!

Diana said...

Thats so cute!!~ Love the picture when she snuggles against the mermaid pillow.. Sweet little girl..

Judy Ross said...

Cute jammies! I really like that decorative stitching too - such a nice detail. Your post about the Singer reminded me of when I worked briefly in a Singer shop. the cams were available for $1 each, and there were dozens of them!

Karin (the mrs) said...

Very cute, those pajamas! I think it's great to sew pajamas for the little ones. I think it's so rewarding to sew something that is so soft to their skin and that they feel so comfortable and safe in.

Joy said...

What a great machine - maybe she can do the laundry for you, too (:

amber said...

Those are really cute! The addition of the decorative stitching on the front is a nice touch.