Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Final Decision

Did I mention that you all are awesome for all of your input regarding this little skirt?  You are!!  I finally made a decision and set to making it happen.  I decided on...

D. None of the Above.

I went with the suggestion put forth by several of you to use the giant ric rac, but tuck it under a la the pockets.  And so, here it is!
I like it!!  I topstitched it down, to tie it in with Logan's pants and the pockets.  I think it is pretty darn awesome, and neither gingerbread or Christmas-like.  Yay!
Here is the hem and pocket, up close and personal.  It really is perfect.

Y'all rock!!  It'd never have been this cute without your thoughts!  Thanks!!!

Now back to my black pencil skirt.  I feel like we have a mini sew a-long going down, since Kristine and beangirl are making them this weekend, too.  How fun!!

12 comments:

gwensews said...

Really cute skirt. Your little girl will be adoable in it. Love the ricrac and how you handled it.

julia said...

yep! This is perfect!

Unknown said...

Super cute! And thanks for the reminder, I better get tracing! Sometimes I get sewing A.D.D. and forget what I'm supposed to be doing. Oh, look! Something shiny...

Peachy said...

Too, too cute!
Just perfect...

Heather said...

Oh, now I like that!

Beth said...

Cute!

Digs said...

Very cute. It's asking to be the first of several on the same theme.

Cindy said...

Perfect decision!

Kathi said...

That turned out really cute - perfect for the holiday and her age. I like it!!

Sam Rose said...

It's adorable. Good decision, the rick rack isn't too overpowering.

Aminat said...

This is cute............

Pippi creates said...

What a gorgeous pair! And you definately made the right decision with the ric rac on the hem, it looks fantastic! Glad you had a nice valentines day!