Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Best Mail Day Ever!!!

Yesterday morning I picked up a package from my mom.  In it was all sorts of goodies...
These pretty cotton prints from my Aunt Lil.  The one on the left is definitely going to become a vintage baby dress!
This was a Christmas present from my Dad that just arrived.  I love spinning out the holiday gift getting!!  I can't wait to make this.  It looks so fun.
And my Grandmother's pearls.  They were a wedding gift from Grandpa in 1951.  They are absolutely gorgeous and will be needing a Jackie O inspired suit to wear with them.  I have a great old vintage suit that needs a new lining, so I may start there, but I have such grand ideas...
Then, as if that wasn't enough, our mailbox was stuffed with all sorts of yummies!  
My sister knitted these absolutely beautiful socks, but they are a bit too small for her, so she sent them to me.  How great is that?!?  I'm sorry that they didn't fit her, but hey, I'm all about gorgeous hand-knit socks, especially since I can't knit my own yet.
Myra sent me these completely awesome 70s era patterns that I can't wait to dig into.  I love the 50s look, but I also have a not-so-secret love for bell bottoms and crazy floral prints.  Mitch thought that the print of the tissue would be a perfect fabric for the top dress and I think so, too!  Have you checked out Myra's Etsy shop?  She has some amazing patterns for very reasonable prices.
Last was a big box from my mom.  She sent the tees to go with the Valentine gear that I've been working on for Logan and Myra.  Aren't they cute?!?
Here's a closeup of the fun embroidery.  How cute is that?  Mitch was so relieved that they weren't girly.
I'd better get that skirt done!  You'll probably get to see it tomorrow...

9 comments:

Myra said...

Thanks for the mention, Katie. I am listing more every day. You have no idea how many boxes of patterns I have just "inherited" :)

Kathi said...

What a fun mail day!! I finished my jeans yesterday, other than I did not have a jeans button. I ordered that yesterday and rivets. I expect the UPS guy to bring the buttons (and a few other items) tomorrow, the mailman to bring rivets in a day or two, and the UPS guy to return on Thursday or Friday with the pattern ease (and a few other items) I ordered from Fabric.com.
They now say we could get up to 12 inches of snow today, so I guess I will be sewing and sewing and sewing!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Wow! What an impressive mail haul. But how are you getting mail delivery???? We haven't had any for several days.

Angela said...

How exciting! I love getting mail, too.

julia said...

what a treasure trove of goodies!!!

Joy said...

Ah, someone else who shares my love of 70's fashion. Although, I have yet to make myself anything from that era.

Sarahbelle said...

Oh, my stars! I had that Simplicity 9446 pattern!!! I made the "maxi" version out of an earth-toned floral printed Quiana. Only sewists my age and older will know about, and have worked with Quiana! [damn, I'm old!]
I wore it to W.J.Woodham's homecoming dance in 1972.

gwensews said...

What a day you've had! Wow! Have fun with all your cool, new stuff! Those pearls! Wear them around the house in your shirtwaist dress like Beaver's mommie did!

amber said...

You got some great stuff there! And how cute are those Valentine's shirts?!