Monday, January 18, 2010

Ottobre 03/2004-9 in record time

Our oldest friends from here in Temple invited us over for dessert Saturday night.  This isn't an unusual invite, so I thought nothing of it, but Mitch was wise and called to see if there was an "occasion".  Somehow, I had forgotten that their littlest daughter had turned 2!!  Need a present.  Have two hours.  What's a girl to do?  Well, I'll be honest, I was all for rockin' a trip to Target, but Mitch had more confidence in me.  "Why don't you make her one of those cute cross over tee shirts that you made for Myra?  Use this fabric!"  In two hours?!?!?

Heh.  One hour and 20 minutes actually, but the pattern was already traced, since L is Myra's size but tall. After I finished, I felt it lacked a certain je ne sais quoi, so I tacked the pink bow to center front.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  I hope she enjoys it!

And after this obvious win for Ottobre - I decided it was seriously time to subscribe already.  So, it's official.  I'm an Ottobre girl.  Can't wait to get my first issue!!!

7 comments:

Sarahbelle said...

Super cute!!! Nice of Mitchell to watch the kids, so that you could get it done! (You didn't mention that in your post, but I am sure that is the only way you pulled it off!)
And, yes, the bow is just the right touch.

KID, MD said...

Mitch did entertain the small fry while I sewed like mad. He's good like that.

Beangirl said...

That is a WAY CUTE top and I could never in a million years have managed that.

You will totally NOT regret your subscription either. I don't ever feel the need to buy any other patterns for the kids because everything I need is in Ottobre... and better too. Between Ottobre and BWOF, I have everything I need for the kids. Now, if I could only say the same for myself....

Kathi said...

Very cute!! I get the two Ottobre months that are for women. I like their designs. Honestly, I find Burda and Ottobre to be much more consistent with their sizing and patterns than the American companies. (Well, I guess I should stick Canadian companies in there too since I am rather obsessed with Jalie!)

Beth said...

Yes, apparently you ARE superwoman! Fun story--that he chose the fabric, too!

Keely said...

I'm impressed! I get the Ott Woman's magazines but have held off subscribing to the kids issues. My youngest is in the larger size range and it's just easier to buy the issues singly as they appeal.

amber said...

That is way impressive!