Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Harvest top

Myra really didn't have anything to wear with her twirly skirt, and I did have some of that fabric left over, so I made her this.
The base pattern is Simplicity 5695, but I've made a few changes. I shortened it to top length, added a curving empire waistline and a pleat at center front. Obviously, the pleat is heavily inspired by Kitschy Coo's Mini Mod dress. If you don't have that pattern already, go get it now!!
With her skirt, from the front. Since she wears her skirt under her little belly the top ended up a wee bit short in the front. The expression on her face is a result of bribing her with Disney. She's mesmerized by Lightning McQueen. It is the only time she stops moving long enough to get a picture!
From the back.
I don't think brother's black Crocs are gonna cut it...
Or maybe she's just been watching Get Smart? (Link included for the youngsters who don't recognize that reference.)

7 comments:

Myra said...

Love the outfit, do you also make diaper covers? Haha about Get Smart! Loved the shoe phone!

Kitschy Coo said...

What a cute outfit! Liking the boxpleat too :)

--ginger. said...

Oh--I LOVE the ruffly neck. So stinking cute. Darling.

KID, MD said...

Thanks, everyone!

Myra - I used to make diaper covers for all of her outfits, but I've been lazy since she started walking. Although I think we see her diaper almost as often as when she was still crawling, so maybe I should still do that!

julia said...

She is adorable!! How old is she? My grands are 18mos. 2, almost 4, 7 and 9. They are all such fun. That outfit is so cute. I love it. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog.

gwensews said...

Adorble outfit. A girl in twirly skirt needs a cell phone!

Sara said...

OMG That is so cute! But not like, too girly girl cute. Just, chic for babies!