Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cuteness

Both of the kidlets have been sleeping poorly this week. This means that I 1) am exhausted and 2) haven't had any time to sew (since I sew while they sleep, generally). Still, I have been thinking about sewing and of course, reading about it. I was inspired by Trena's post about being Cute every day, and decided that while I may not be able to sew right now, I can at least clean out my closet. And I did.Look at all that space to fill! I need to sew!!! But only things that I LOVE.
Here is my pile of cast-offs. This is just the first run. I think that I'll go through everything again with a more critical eye. If I don't love it, it must go! Still, this leaves me with the quandary- refashion or Goodwill? I suspect that since I didn't like these things in their original incarnations, I probably won't be able to make myself love them as refashions. I'll have to contemplate this further. What do you think?

4 comments:

Beangirl said...

Girl, always go with GOOD WILL. I used to cull through the things in my closet and then say "Well, but maybe if I... " or "You could so add a...." but you had it right: if you don't like it the way it is, it's highly unlikely you'll like it any other way. We have given an obscene amount of items to Good Will in the past five years, including three yard bags of grown-up clothes. Just tell yourself "someone else will absolutely be thrilled with one of these items". (Do be careful though: Once I accidentally put a very cute baby dress that I made for Abby in the box.... I had to actually go back and buy it for $3!)

gwensews said...

I think you deserve to treat yourself to a new wardrobe!

Kathi said...

I have also been busy and unable to sew. I hope to get some time this weekend! Hope your little ones sleep better also. Mine have been off because of the time change. For days they awakened at 5:00 each morning. They ended up exhausted each night. We know how exhausted boys end up behaving! I ended up even MORE exhausted!

Michelle said...

Wow, good for you! I recently cleaned my closet, and got rid of a lot, but it doesn't seem like it opened up any space!!!