Friday, September 4, 2009

Ren Fest sewing, Part 3: Pirate coat the second

Since I didn't have my pattern yet for Kali's dress, I decided to go ahead and alter the pirate coat pattern to fit Lily. Here you can see the pattern after I added 2 inches of length, and took in 2 inches of total width (1/2 inch from each pattern piece, front and back). When you do this, don't forget to alter your facings as well, and if you change the neckline, you may need to adjust the collar.I realize that in my last post I said that I would take it in and then lengthen it, but I wanted to correct myself. Everything that I have ever read about fitting says to alter length, then width, so that is what I actually did. I got it all cut out and ready to go, but it will have to take a backseat for the moment. Wedding first!

No comments:

Post a Comment