Sunday, June 14, 2009

Resting

"For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors,
and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High"

I won't be sewing today, since it is my Sabbath, but I wanted to share with you my favorite way to rest from my labors. Cookies, milk and a good book.
Here is my favorite easy Oatmeal cookie recipe. So easy, it totally is a rest from anyone's labors!

Oatmeal Chip cookies
1 cup uncooked oats
3/4 cups flour (WW is yummy, but AP is fine)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter-flavor Crisco
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans, but for the Yankees out there, I guess walnuts are OK)
1 cup mini chocolate chips (or more, I just use a couple of handfuls!)

Throw everything except the chips into the mixer. Set it on medium speed and mix until it is completely combined. You will have a stiff dough with no crumblies at the bottom. Add the chips and mix on the lowest setting, just until they are well integrated.
Spoon onto cookie sheets on parchment paper or silpat mats.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool, if you can.
Enjoy!

No comments: