Thursday, June 25, 2009

The final piece

... to the kids July 4th outfits was Logan's appliqued tee. He LOVES helicopters, so I made him a helicopter applique to go on the grey tee I made.
For the tee, I used New Look 6641, which is a "unisex" PJ pattern. I put that in quotes because the shirt pattern is simply the top half of an a-line nightgown pattern, and has some flair to it. It's a bit girlie, although in grey with a patriotic helicopter on the front, I don't think anyone will mistake Logan for a girl. Next time I make it I will be straightening out the side seams. Other than that it is a great basic tee.
And here is Logan, modeling his 'copter shirt, while touring a real StatAir air ambulance! How cool is that! Mitch met the company owners one night while he was working in the ICU and mentioned how much Logan loves to see their chopper on the helipad, and they offered us a tour, so we headed out to Killeen yesterday for a personal guided tour of the helicopter. It was WAY cool! Logan didn't want to leave.

1 comment:

Kris C. said...

Did you get the helicopter applique from a coloring book? Or did you find the shape somewhere else? The shirt is really cute!